This page includes information and resources about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) for state, local, territorial and tribal health departments.
Interim Guidance for Public Health Personnel Evaluating Persons Under Investigation (PUIs) and Asymptomatic Close Contacts of Confirmed Cases at Their Home or Non-Home Residential Settings – This guidance is intended to address recommended infection prevention and control practices when these activities are performed at a home or non-home residential settings, which warrant additional considerations beyond those described for healthcare settings.
Reporting a Person Under Investigation (PUI) or Laboratory-Confirmed Case for COVID-19 – Information for health departments on reporting and specimen referral for Persons Under Investigation (PUIs) and laboratory-confirmed cases.
Risk Assessment and Public Health Management of Persons with Potential 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Exposure – Interim guidance for assessing risk of potential exposures to COVID-19 and implementing public health actions.
- Disinfecting your home if someone is sick Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- Initial Investigation of Transmission of COVID-19 Among Crew Members During Quarantine of a Cruise Ship — Yokohama, Japan, February 2020 Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- FAQ for Healthcare Professionals Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- Cases & Latest Updates Monday, March 16, 2020
Information for Healthcare Professionals All current interim guidance, and resources on PUIs, clinical care, infection control, home care, and personal protective equipment supplies.
Information for Travel: Information about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) for travelers
- Health Alert Network (HAN) Messages: Primary method of sharing cleared information about urgent public health incidents with public information officers; federal, state, territorial, tribal, and local public health practitioner; clinicians; and public health laboratories.
- CDC Newsroom: CDC Media Telebriefing: Update on COVID-19: CDC provides an update periodically to media on the COVID-19 response.
- Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA) Calls/Webinars: Subject matter experts present key emergency preparedness and response topics, followed by meaningful Q&A with participants.
- Pandemic Preparedness Resources – Pandemic influenza resources that can be adapted for preparedness for a potential COVID-19 outbreak.
- Stigma and COVID-19 – Resources and information on how to counter stigma associated to COVID-19
- COVID-2019 Publications
- Households with Pets
- CERC in an Infectious Disease Outbreak pdf icon[1 page]
- COVID-19 Informatics Resources